But look past the spin and it’s easy to see that milk does more bad than good. If you’ve “got milk” and cheese, yogurt, and ice cream, you’ve likely got a host of health problems awaiting you, too.
So why is milk bad for you ?
Here are ten reasons why you should keep your children away from milk and dairy products.
1) The nutritional composition in cow’s milk is designed for the survival and nourishment of a calf. Cows milk contains the exact amount of calcium and protein necessary to feed a calf which grows 3-4 times larger than a human body! Think about it, if a calf drank human milk it wouldn’t grow up to be strong enough to live.
As babies, initially we need a lot more carbs than a calf would need. Cows milk has 50% less carbs than human milk.
2) A calf requires more salt compared to human babies.. and cows milk has more salt content which you are feeding your baby!
3) Most kids intuitively hate milk, they already know it’s not good for them. As a child, I remember being forced to drink milk and I used too dread that morning and evening time...the thought of it makes me want to throw up even now.
4) Babies who are fed cows milk tend to look puffy and bloated plus cows milk is highly mucus forming and causes congestion throughout the GI tract and nutrients like zinc, magnesium and calcium don’t get absorbed easily. Despite the hype, cow’s milk actually robs our bones of calcium. Animal proteins produce acid when they’re broken down, and calcium is an excellent acid neutralizer, so … you can see where this is going. In order to neutralize and flush out the acids, our bodies have to use the calcium that the milk contains—as well as some from our own stores. So every glass of milk we drink leaches calcium from our bones.
5) Medical study has found that people who consume the most cow’s milk have significantly higher fracture rates than those who drink little to no milk.
6) Cholesterol : A single serving of milk can contain as much as 24 mg of heart-harming cholesterol. But no plant food contains any cholesterol whatsoever.Throw in a heaping helping of saturated fat, sodium, and cholesterol on top of that.
7) Dairy products cause lactose intolerance and acne as well if consumed four or more servings in a day.
8) Antibiotics : Cows are often pumped full of antibiotics to keep them alive and producing milk in filthy factory farm conditions and this overuse can cause a surge in antibiotic-resistant bacteria. When humans are infected by these superbugs, antibiotics at best have decreased effectiveness and at worst are powerless.
9) Sodium: Cheese can contain up to 400 mg of sodium per ounce. Varieties including halloumi, imported blue, feta, and Edam (as well as processed cheeses) are so loaded with sodium that they’re actually saltier than seawater.
10) Cancers : Excess calcium from milk and other foods may increase the risk of prostate cancer . Milk sugar may be linked to a slightly higher risk of ovarian cancer.
So please do a favour and keep yourself and your babies away from dairy products.